Thursday, September 17, 2009

In Memory


Zeus "Phatty" Yeoman
March 1995-September 14th, 2009
May he rest comfortably on the eternal couch.

On Monday I had to put down my baby Phatty. I am devastated. He was 14 years old and my big suck. His sister is lost without him and our condo seems very empty. Phatty had a good life and was loved so much. My friends and family came out to support Aaron and myself and we ended up with an impromptue wake for him. He was loved by all for his gentleness and his super size as well as for his totally laid back attitude. We all loved to rub is big belly and listen to him purr from across the room. My fat cat will be greatly missed by all who knew him. Rest in Peace Phatty, Mama loves you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh honey I am so sorry for your loss. What a sad occasion. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that your baby is no longer with you anymore in the physical form. I am sure he will be looking over the family closely till he knows all is well and your family has been able to move past the sad occasion and remember all the good times more often than the recent ones.

    Peace be with you on your grieving.

    Love & Light
    WillowMoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will not go quietly,
    the cats who've shared our lives.
    In subtle ways they let us know
    their spirit still survives.

    Old habits still make us think
    we hear a meow at the door.
    Or step back when we drop
    a tasty morsel on the floor.

    Our feet still go around the place
    the food dish used to be,
    And, sometimes, coming home at night,
    we miss them terribly.

    And although time may bring new friends
    and a new food dish to fill,
    That one place in our hearts
    belongs to them. . . and always will.

    I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all ladies for your kind thoughts and thank you Cher for the beautiful poem...it's speaks the truth from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's always so hard to lose a pet who has become so much more than a pet. I know, I've been there many times myself.
    Cher's poem says it all.

    ReplyDelete